The New York Red Bulls, U.S. Soccer Foundation and BJ's Wholesale Club will unveil two new soccer mini-pitches in Valley Stream, NY on Thursday, October 13. Located at Barret Park, these pitches are a part of the New York Red Bulls' and U.S. Soccer Foundation's commitment to give kids safe and accessible places to play in communities across the New York/New Jersey area. Part of their collective mission is to provide a soccer environment that encourages unstructured play within local communities in order to support the continued growth of the game in North America.
Following the official dedication, local youth who will benefit from the brand new soccer-specific play space will participate in small-sided matches on the new pitch. New York Red Bulls players will serve as celebrity coaches, and will be available for autographs and photos with event participants.
WHAT: New, state-of-the-art soccer mini-pitch unveiling, including ceremonial first kick with kids, dignitaries, executives, and New York Red Bulls players, followed by the first game on the new pitch.
- Local Valley Stream youth soccer players
- Special guests scheduled to attend include:
- Chris Armas, Long Island and MLS Soccer Legend, Assistant Coach, New York Red Bulls and Former U.S. Men's National Team Player
- Mike Grella, Player, New York Red Bulls and Long Island Native
- Shep Messing, Analyst, MSG Network and Soccer Legend
- Antonio Ramos, General Manager, BJ's Wholesale Club, Valley Stream
- Alex Bard, Grants & Compliance Officer, U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Mayor Edwin A. Fare, Incorporated Village of Valley Stream
VISUALS: Local Valley Stream boys and girls taking ceremonial first kick with players and executives and playing in the first match on the new pitch. New York Red Bulls players will serve as celebrity coaches.
WHEN: Thursday, October 13, 2016 │ 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: Barrett Park, Jadwin Street & Cochran Place, Valley Stream, NY 11581
Media Contact: Gordon Stevenson - 973-432-2583 - firstname.lastname@example.org